Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chinese Dumplings (Guo Tie/Kuo Tie)


Today I made "Chinese Dumplings" for my kids. In my family these called Guo Tie / Kuo Tie. Guo Tie are so popular among the Chinese people.

I had this guo tie recipe from my grandmother ,, She taught me how to make guo tie when I was a kid, and I usually watched and helped her cook guo tie every Chinese New Year (^^,)

I started with make my own guo tie skin (the dough), with flour and water ,, The dough will be difficult to knead for a while, and after that the texture went soft and easy to knead. I have to make the skin so thin and round shape, so I can wrap  the filling in perfect shape ,, see the tutorial below to create guo tie skin ,,


 
 


 
The filling for guo tie can be variant, but my version today was so simple. I filled the dumpling with ground pork, chopped shrimp, vermicelli, kuchai (it's like a spring onion), and slices of fried eggs, sesame oil, sugar, pepper, and soy sauce. Stir all the ingredients for a while until well blended. Then wrap the guo tie. 



For my kids, They'd preffered a deep fried guo tie because they like crispy skin ,,,  (^0^) enjoy your guo tie ,,, kids ,,




3 comments:

  1. mmh that looks very delicious! Please post the whole recipe! Is it like Gyoza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Midori, yes it is similar with gyoza.

    the inggredients for the dough :
    1 1/4 cup cold water
    3 cups plain flour

    Inggredients for filling :
    300 grams ground pork
    2 cups kuchai (cut into small size)
    2 fried egg (slice into small cut)
    100 grams vermicelli ( boil for a while, so we can cut the vermicelli into small)
    200 grams chopped shrimp
    2 table spoons light soy sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 table spoons sesame oil
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon pepper

    You can put whatever ingredients you want into guo tie, but I usually used pork and shrimp for main inggredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the recipe Cute Little Bento! ^^

      Delete